Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Early springtime?

Some photos to show you what's been doin' around here :)

First, some snaps of the pretty backyard, courtesy of Nemo.  I feel bad for LI and Boston, but happy that NJ wasn't so badly hit.  We had about 5-6", and it was fast-melting.  Not too shabby as far as winter goes.




In fact, our snowdrops are already out.  These are so pretty, each one like a delicate little pearl...Yesterday I plucked a few to press, but one came out with a bulb attached, so I stuck it in some potting soil and it opened today!  Must learn more about snowdrops to see if they can be raised indoors, too.  A pot of these by my desk would be lovely, but we'll see what happens.





Yesterday saw a lot of nature walking around the back yard.  I gathered some tiny treasures to press.  The moss would be lovely dried and set in some resin for delicate earrings.








Once more I'm at my bead board!  I'm working on a new set called "Skully Cat", because I can! Some of my bits and bobbins are still in storage, but I've done remarkably well keeping track of all the beads and shinies.  Finally, this morning, something came together, and here it is:


Those colors are waking me up!  Every once in a while, I need to make something with a sense of humor.



The new workspace isn't nearly that bold, though.  I've been granted use of a sunporch, and I've made quite the little nest back there with the plants.  It's a narrow space, but that'll just force me to keep it cleaner :)



It does help my spirits to see familiar things again, like Mr. Cat Skull, and some beautiful abandoned wasp nests:

And our wedding cake toppers, from New Orleans, gifted by my maid of honor :)  The geode was our version of a unity candle.  Instead of lighting, we took turns smashing the thing.  The white color was a welcome surprise for a wedding!


I need a certain amount of clutter around to get anything done!




Some snowdrops still waiting to open:



And a pretty patch of moss from the front yard:


Breezes have knocked a few leaves loose, so I added this sprig to the pile of stuff to press and preserve.


And there we are!  

No comments:

Post a Comment